Hi,

I think the answer is that MoGene-1_0-st-v1,r3.cdf was created
directly from the unofficial Affymetrix ASCII CDF using convertCdf(),
as explained on http://aroma-project.org/chipTypes/MoGene-1_0-st-v1/,
whereas you creating a CDF based on the annotation available in a
Bioconductor Platform Design ("pdInfo") package using PdInfo2Cdf().
The annotations available at the time when Affymetrix and Bioconductor
did their work seem to different.

Also, it is likely that Platform Design packages do not contain
information on QC units.  QC units are artificial/non-biological
probesets which are not used in any analysis pipelines that I know of
and can be safely ignored.  You can search for "Affymetrix QC
probesets" to learn more about those few units.

Hope this helps,

Henrik