Hi.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Rico.Daniel <dr...@cnio.es> wrote:
> Hello, I am trying "Naive genotyping" with MOUSEDIVm520650 arrays. I am
> following the vignette

Which one?

> and get the following error:
>
>> gender <- callXXorXY(betaN[is23], betaN[is24], adjust=adjust, from=0, to=1);
> Error in list(`callXXorXY(betaN[is23], betaN[is24], adjust = adjust, from =
> 0, to = 1)` = <environment>,  :
>
> [2011-10-03 18:50:11] Exception: Allele B fractions for ChrX and ChrY are
> inconsistent.
>  at throw(Exception(...))
>  at throw.default("Allele B fractions for ChrX and ChrY are inconsistent.")
>  at throw("Allele B fractions for ChrX and ChrY are inconsistent.")
>  at callXXorXY.numeric(betaN[is23], betaN[is24], adjust = adjust, from = 0, to
>  at callXX

This may be a problem due to a particularly bad/noisy sample in
combination to our internal sanity checks.  More below...

> Following this thread:
> http://aroma-affymetrix.967894.n3.nabble.com/aroma-affymetrix-Problem-with-naive-genotyping-TumorBoost-vignette-td2561665.html
>
> I set gender manually:
> gender <- "XY"
>
> # Call genotypes
> naValue <- as.double(NA);
> fit <- NULL;
> mu <- rep(naValue, times=length(units));
> cs <- rep(naValue, times=length(units));
>    # All but ChrX & ChrY in male
>    isDiploid <- (!(is23 | is24));
>      use <- which(isDiploid);
>      muT <- callNaiveGenotypes( betaN[use], cn=2, adjust=adjust, from=0,
> to=1, verbose=less(verbose,10));
> # And get this error:
>
> Error: nbrOfGenotypeGroups == 3 is not TRUE
>
> I assume there should be three peaks in the betaN distribution, but I only
> see one peak at 0.2 in an unimodal distribution:
>
>> summary(betaN)
>     Min.   1st Qu.    Median      Mean   3rd Qu.      Max.      NA's
>      0.0       0.1       0.2       0.3       0.3       1.0 1837467.0
>
> # (1837467 NA's would be the not polymorphic probes)

So not sure what data you have in hand, but could you make the
following file available (e.g. http://min.us/) to me (off the mailing
list):

data <- data.frame(chromosome=chromosome, position=position,
betaN=betaN, is23=is23, is24=is24);
saveObject(data, file="RicoD_20111003.RData");

so that I can have a look at it.  Maybe we need to add a fallback
strategy for callXXorXY() or at least add an option to manually add
the XX/XY status.

/Henrik