Hi Rico,
using the RicoD_20111003.RData file [8021939 bytes] you've sent me:
> data <- loadObject("RicoD_20111003.RData");> str(data);'data.frame':
> 2458697 obs. of  5 variables: $ chromosome: int  NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
> NA ... $ position  : int  NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA ... $ betaN     : num
>  NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN ... $ is23      : logi  FALSE FALSE
> FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE ... $ is24      : logi  FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE
> FALSE ...> attachLocally(data);
I conclude that the exception thrown by callXXorXY() is likely to be
correct, because there is something wrong with your allele B fractions
for the normal ('betaN'), because:
 plotDensity(betaN[chromosome < 23])
does not show three clear modes as you would expect for normal
autosomal chromosomes (chr 1-19), cf. attached figure.  Also, plotting
the normal BAFs along the genome indicates something is odd with your
data.
Could it be that you're looking at, say, a tumor sample?
/Henrik