Hi.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Martina Dori <martina.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Henrik,
>   after managing to install and run correctly aroma package, I ran the Paired
> total copy number analysis CRMAv2 (It's the first time, so I strictly
> followed the vignette).

Sounds like a good strategy.

>  At the end when trying to display the results
>
> # Link the ChromosomeExplorer to the segmentation model
> ce <- ChromosomeExplorer(cns);
> print(ce);
>
> # Fit the model for a few chromosomes
> process(ce, chromosomes=c(12, 13, 17), verbose=verbose);
>

> R crushed because of the wrong version of Xcode (I have already installed the
> latest one);

If you can reproduce it and report the details on what's happening,
I/we might be able to help you.  Also, does R really crash (=abruptly
quits), or does it give a regular R error (so you can continue later)?

> I tried to look for the cbs final report in my working directory, but I
> wasn't able to find it.

At the end, process() for ChromosomeExplorer will write a regions.xls
file to the reports/<data set>/<tags>/cbs/ directory.  However, if it
crashed/gives an error, this will obviously not be reached.  You can
always do this manually,

pathname <- writeRegions(ce, chromosomes=c(12,13,17), verbose=verbose);
print(pathname);  # <= This will let you know where the regions.xls
file is located.

> Do I have to run again all the code and add a particular command at the end
> for saving the output, or is it just that it has been saved somewhere else?

The philosophy of the Aroma Framework is that all intermediate and
final results are stored to the file system.  This, means that if you
rerun the same script again, what is already processed will be skipped
more or less instantaneously.

/Henrik