I understood what happened to bollywood review team. They are
marketing the Jodha Akbar in a negative way inorder to make Rahman's
image down.

This is highly impossible and A.R.Rahman has already reached the top
several years before and he will continue the same position in the
successive decades.

Surpassing Rahman is a nightmare for those people. That's why they
are trying to do such childish things....let us forgive those chotta
people.

what do you say guys? Am i right?

regards,
sribalaji

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Vithur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://oneknightstands.net/music-review-jodhaa-akbar/
>
> So Ashutosh Gowariker is back, with the same team of A.R.Rahman
and Javed
> Akhtar who have tasted huge success before with Swades and of
course Lagaan.
> And this being titled " Jodhaa Akbar" expectations are obviously
sky-high.
> The Hrithik-Ash Jodi, the budget from UTV breaking through the
roof, and the
> stellar visuals shown in the trailer, of course , Gowariker
promises all of
> that including good music. Only this time, it is not as good as it
should
> sound. Jodhaa Akbar, the soundtrack, disappoints and can at best
be termed
> as one of the most mediocre works of the creators- A.R.Rahman and
Lyricist-
> Javed Akhtar. And no, no amount of good picturisation can save the
utter
> drag of the OST. What you expect is of course, music that lives
that period
> and yet has a contemporary appeal , something which Rahman isn't
new to. But
> forget the period part, it doesn't appeal either.
>
> Let's deal with it one by one shall we? The soundtrack opens with
a very
> predictable Opening theme of sorts. The kind you'd actually
picturise to
> feature on a Mughal period movie. *Azeem-o-shaan ShahenShah* is
heavy on
> percussions, is absolutely ambient and the grandeur comes across
in the
> sound arrangements. The Chanan Chans and the sound of the
courtesans at
> Akbar's court, and the praise to the Emperor are all summed up in
this song,
> but at almost 6 minutes, this is a never ending praise-tale, and
all I can
> compare it to is an audio History lesson. The swords are clinging
and the
> sounds of celebrations, I can see how Gowariker is going to put
this down to
> celluloid.
>
> *Jashn-e-Bahaara* begins with Arabic belly-dancing percussions and
an
> unpolished Sonu Nigam's voice…oops this one's Javed Ali. This
sounds too
> modern for the 16th century, and no, it is still not a great song.
This is
> so not pleasing to the ears and it seems Rahman had to rush to the
loo and
> hence finished it in a jiffy. The santoors, harps, and the extra
effort on
> making the arrangement sound arabic doesn't help it at all. This
song is
> just complete waste.
>
> Third track- The harmonium , the Qawwali Harmonium, it reminds me
of Piya
> Haji Ali(Fiza) or perhaps Mann Ye Baanwra (Hazaaro Khwahishein
Aisi): that
> signature vocal sound of A.R.Rahman and there he goes-Ya Ghareeb
Nawaaz….oh
> the bass and the keyboards, the claps and the ambient chorus, and
then..the
> Tablas happen. *Khwaja Mere Khwaja* rules the entire soundtrack.
The bass
> continues to go strong and then, we have an unknown wind
instrument going
> solo. Needless to say, the ease with which Rahman hits the high
notes gives
> the song an exalted feel. The tabla tempo changes near the end, as
the song
> crescendoes.
>
> And as expected, Sonu Nigam features in at track 4:*In Lamho ke
Daaman main*.
> The words are absolute magic here–In Lamho Ke Daaman main,
Paakezah sa
> Rishta Hai . I guess Rahman saved Sonu for the best. There is an
> intoxicating echo element in this song. Madhushree started as the
other
> Sadhna Sargam, but post Yuva (Kabhi Neem Neem), I wonder if Sadhna
Sargam is
> the other Madhushree. I can totaly see Ash expressing "Prem Aag
main Jalte
> Dono Hi….Tan Bhi Hai, Man Bhi…", and the flute takes over. When it
comes to
> Rahman, the structure of a song, more than often, defies
definition. Same is
> the case here. This one is a bit of respect retainer for the
soundtrack.

> Rahman has given us O Paalanhaare and Pal Pal Hai Bhaari, both
Bhajans
> written by Javed Akhtar. With "*Mann Mohana*", the directors
intention was
> to deal with Jodhaa's Hindu roots. I don't know what to say about
this one.
> It is for sure not an ordinary song, but at the same time, I
wouldn't
> actually remember this one after listening to the whole
soundtrack, or
> perhaps watching the movie (unless Ash does "something"). Further
the
> portion: "tum bin paau kaise chain kanhaa"…sounds exactly like …
Saawan Beeta
> Jaaye (Ajahun Na Aaye Baalma from Sanjh aur Savera). The lyrics
though are
> very compelling, and Bela Shende sounds so close to Shreya Ghoshal.
>
> I didn't care to listen to the instrumental versions of Khwaja
Mere Khwaja
> and Jashn-e-Bahaara. I'll just leave it to the movie for now. I'd
rather go
> back to Khwaja Mere Khwaja. My verdict: Buy the single of Khwaja
Mere Khwaja
> if possible. Rest of the soundtrack is just a complete waste, and
is going
> to get drowned in the lavish sets glorifying Mughal Architecture
through the
> lens of Ashutosh Gowariker and the moola of Ronnie Screwvala.
Peace.