Is it possible to update the .CSV file by adding the current timestamp
for missing values?  Then, try to import?

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lucero, Michelle - IST
contractor
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:08 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Fallback Mapping - Does it work in 6.3

Hi, Friends:

I am attempting to import a .CSV file into a brand new (empty) form.
One of the columns has data in about 85% of the rows.  In the cases
where the data in that column is empty, I want to use fallback mapping.

I have defined a fallback for the Create Date field and have set it with
$ TIMESTAMP$ I have updated the preference setting under
File/Preference/Error Handling to "Try Fallback Mapping before alerting
user".
I have marked required fields as optional during import (possibly
irrelevant in this case as it produces the same behavior whether checked
or not)

The error that occurs is one that I would expect to receive should I not
have a fallback mapping defined:
"Record 3 : Required field cannot be reset to a NULL value -- Create
Date (ARERR 326)"

Although, there are work-arounds to this, I simply want to know if
anyone has successfully used fallback mapping with a .CSV file in 6.3?
One of the obvious work-arounds I used was to create another date/time
field.  But, my curiosity got the better of me and I made it required.
I was able to use the fallback mapping with this date/time field.  I
mapped it to the same column that I used for Create Date.  So far it
works for non-core, Required fields.

Specifically, has anyone successfully defined fallback mapping for a
core date/time field?

ARS Server 6.3, patch 11
Remedy Admin/Import Tool 6.3, patch 12
Windows 2003, SQL Server 2000
Remedy User Tool 6.3, patch

Thanks in advance,
Michelle

ESM Mission: "To provide the most accurate, timely, and actionable
information to our customers so that they can effectively support the
Mary Kay IST environment".