From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Tim Widowfield
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 9:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: help With API

 Er... Um...   C# == "the C that Microsoft makes"?   More like the Java-clone that Microsoft "invented."

Lest anyone think you can compile a C# Remey API program into a standalone .exe file, you should be aware that you will need the .NET equivalent of JNI helper files.  They include:

    ATLWrappers.dll
    Interop.ATLWRAPPERSLib.dll
    DotNet.dll
    DotNet.tlb
    DotNet.xml

These "helper" files will allow your compiled .NET bytecode to talk to Remedy's native, unmanaged API DLLs.

As far as the "bloatware" label, well let's take a look.  We'll right-click on the folder named C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727, then select Properties.  What do we see?  The size on disk is a little over 88 MB.  The JDK is about the same size, maybe a little less.

Don't get me wrong.  I like C#.  But in the Remedy world, at least, we're in the same boat.  We have to rely on bridge software to tap into the native libraries.

Tim Widowfield
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
v: 937-878-9045
f: 937-878-9055