**

If Approval Server and Assignment Engine are installed prior to CMDB will that cause problems?

Stephen

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kelly Deaver
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 8:20 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: 7.0 Installation

**
Mike got it right. I'll add a little explanation to clarify -

1. ARS 7.0 (of course)
At this point, stop and add any license you don't already have. You can't install v7 apps that are not licensed. (See a very long thread on that subject in the archives)

2. No set order on these within the group but here again, you are building the foundation  so do before the apps is a good practice.
Email Engine 7.0
Flashboards 7.0
FTS

3. CMDB 2.0
CMDB has become a base required by Incident, Problem, Change, Asset and SLA

4. Approval Server 7.0
    Assignment Engine
Leveraged by the other apps so here again, a requirement before you install them.

5. Incident Management
    Problem Management
    Change Management
    Asset Management
    SLA
New in 7, it no longer matters the order in which you install these, unlike in the past when you needed to install Help Desk before Asset or Change

6. Other things that can be installed any time after AR Server as they don't conflict with or require anything else-
    EIE, Remedy Link for SQL, Remedy Link for Oracle.

Kelly Deaver
Director, ITSM Practice
Xinify
[EMAIL PROTECTED]