Roy,

I am not on a windows server so have not tested this
on, but have done this on unix. The tricky part is you
want only the text entered as part of the update
rather than whats already been saved (if this is a SET
operation). Not sure how you would just take the
transaction value unless you saved whatever the user
types into a seperate field and appended to the Long
char field later.

For creating the file you could try using the simple
redirect operators in DOS such as echo "Hello" >
c:\temp\temp.txt in a run process action of a filter
with a low exec order. Make sure you disable filter
phase using the `! at the end of the filter name.
This would look like
echo $fieldname$ > <file-name>
I am assuming that DOS will create the file if it
doesn't already exist without throwing an error.

Then have a second filter that runs at exec order 999
which does a Run Process with the
PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT <field-id> <file-name>.
(You already know what the file name and path is.)

I have done this on UNIX and have not had any issues
with this approach. Hope Windows is as giving as UNIX
is :-)

Regards,
Saby