From: Ben Chernys [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: August 31, 2001 4:57 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: Special characters on the WorkLog field

Straight from the free Diary Field Editor at
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com

// diary fields are as follows
//   xxx 0x'04' uuu 0x'04' blah blah blah 0x'03'
//   where xxx is the ascii representation of the unix time integer
//         x'04' can be thought of as a field separator
//         uuu   is text representing the user id or name
//         blah is the text of the message, not necessarily ending in an
<lf>
//

The last line means that only <lf>s are stored in the db to indicate a new
line.  Any "pc" code needs to translate back and forth.

>From Remedy's arstruct.h:
#define AR_DEFN_DIARY_SEP        '\03'     /* diary items separator */
#define AR_DEFN_DIARY_COMMA      '\04'     /* char between date/user/text */
                                           /*  within a diary item        */

These fields can be parsed manually or you can use a Remedy supplied
function to break this string up into an array of entries.

Cheers,
Ben Chernys
Independent Remedy Consultant
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com