One more thing to note:

You’ve been working your data for some time and may have better ideas for
reporting, the CMDB,  or even company  changes or support group structure
changes.  Or your company may have evolved into a very different entity that
should really be reflected in your data.

When you transfer data it is possible to reorganize that data so that new
foundation data changes can be implemented.

As a simple example, your Product Catalog may have several different rows for a
single product for example with a manufacturer of “BMC”, “BMC Software”, and
“BMC Software Inc.”  Another example would be to reorganize your CMDB CTI or
Operational Catalog.  For a more complex example, consider a reorganizing of
your company and support group structures.

Our ITSM Data Migration package
<http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/product/PkgMigItsm/index.html>  allows you to
effect numerous changes like those mentioned above and have all the old data
brought over under the new rules.

Please contact us off-line for more information.

Cheers,

Ben Chernys
Senior Software Architect
logoSthInc-sm

Canada / Deutschland
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:        <mailto:ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com>
ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:          <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> www.softwaretoolhouse.com

We are a BMC Technology Alliance Partner

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor and our  Freebies Section for
ITSM Forms and Fields spreadsheet.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate your imports,
migrations, in no time at all, without programming, without staging forms,
without merge workflow.

Meta-Archive does ITSM Archiving your way: with your forms and your
multi-tenant rules, treating each root request as the tree of data and forms
that it is it is.

Pre ITSM 7.6.04?  Clarify?  Roll your own?  No problem!

You can keep your valuable data!

 <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/