LJ

I don't want this thread to be hijacked - but a point on censorship.

If something doesn't work, it doesn't work. Deleting posts has got
little to do with machetes and more to do with an admission of failure.
If someone is wrong and made some statemnt ("X doesn't work"), why not
correct them?

For example, BMC claim AtriumSSO provides a secure implementation for CA
SiteMinder, yet reviewing the OpenAM source code demonstrates that it
doesn't fully implement the SiteMinder protocol. Sharing this fact on
BMC Communities was apparently 'offensive' - however others may conclude
that misleading customers over the security aspects of a product is a
somewhat greater crime.

Here's the value of ARSList. BMC can't take away an email making an
assertion that they dislike.

Once upon a time, BMC were the masters of all they surveyed, but the
wheels are now falling off the wagon. Repeated warnings about product
quality - often made on this list - have been ignored. BMC are welcome
to censor postings on Communities if it makes them feel better, but
those ARSlist warnings will persist forever.

But getting back to the original point: It's not just censorship,
ARSlist is easy to use and I can read the emails on my iPhone wherever I
may be regardless of whether I have any 3g. That's a big bonus. Also,
ARSlist seems to attract the brigher BMC bods - probably because it's
been around forever.

John