A while back my development server started throwing ARERR 481 on startup where
the log only says "Requested database table not found.  Please check the
spelling (table name is case-sensitive)". I was really disappointed to see that
it did not actually list the table with which it was having problems since that
seems like a logical piece of data to include in the error message.

I looked up the 481 error at https://www.rrr.se/cgi/arerrr to find that not
only could it be a missing table but it could also be that "the correct column
information (for example, the right number of columns) for the external schema
was not retrieved.". (I love that tool since it is a very quick way of getting
more details about system error codes.)

The only thing I can think of that happened around the time the errors started
was maybe while working with a pair of tables (one regular, one view) I borked
up something and might have had to reimport one of the forms. I am not sure if
that was before or after the 481 errors started appearing though.

Does anybody have a good method of tracking down the table that is missing or
broken that might be throwing the error on startup? All of our apps work fine
including the forms that I fixed but I'm still getting the error. When I first
looked at this I did find a problem with a row in the arschema table but that
was resolved.

-Rick

Rick Westbrock
AppOps Engineer | IT Department