________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric Cleereman (IT)
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:32 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Filter Phasing for Get Operations

**

Hi All,

I have a Request ID field users search on.  Prior to the search being
performed I'd like to change the value of the field.  For instance, if a
user searched for "164829", I'd like the search to actually look for
"AST0000000164829".

The field QBE on the field is set to EQUAL.  If I set it to ANYWHERE,
the search takes up to a minute, which is far longer than acceptable.

I believe I need to use a Filter for this, as most of the time this
search is performed from a hand scanner running Mobile Reach, which does
not support Active Links.

Using the SUBSTR and LENGTH functions, writing a Filter to substitute
AST0000000164829 for 164829 is an easy enough task.  The problem I am
having is that the Filter fires after the search is performed, rather
than before.

The help file from the admin tool shows the following:
        Filter phasing for Get operations
        1) Data is retrieved from the database
        2) Filters run (including all Phase 1 and 3 actions)
        3) Phase 2 actions occur

As the error takes place prior to the search, the Filter processing is
halted prior to taking place.

Does anyone have a spiffy keen trick that would allow me to make the
Filter fire prior to the search?

Eric Cleereman

it___