This was answered be Mark Walters (BMC) in response to my question.

Install the 32bit stdc++ library

=====================================>
Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding & Happy New Year!

Yeah.  I figured the installer builds a few minimal tables with SQL and then
uses arcache to build Demo and then launches a bunch of imports and loads.   I
followed the install guide which asked for libstc++.so.6 but only installed the
x64 version.  I did an ldd on arcache and sure enough it’s 32 bit and needs
libstdc++.so.6 & 5.  5 seems to be on my machine.

       /opt/bmc/ARSystem/bin/arcache:
                libstdc++.so.6 (CXXABI_1.3) => not found

I am getting good and deleting the table spaces, users, bmc directory, killing
processes, and restarting the install – having had no end of issues with
building PDBs and making them accessible, the ARS user not having read to
tsnames.ora, wrong java version, and the like, so rerunning the installer is no
problem 

I sure miss the stack installer !!!

Thanks for your email.

Cheers,