If it is the report, it's an issue with the report tool.  These are all
"Web" reports that work on the unpatched server, but not the patched.  To
simplify, I just created a simple report that only has the Assigned Group
field.  The error is triggered when a user either searches the help desk
form for all tickets that are assigned to a group that starts with the
letter "U", and then attempts to run the report against the results.  The
other way to trigger it is to override any embedded search and use the
"Show Additional Filter" feature.  Pulling back any Help desk tickets that
have an assigned group name that starts with "U".

I included the .rptdesign file for this.

Luckily, BMC has actually seen this behavior already with another customer
(for that customer, it is an issue with the company name that beings with
"U").

Warren R. Baltimore II
Remedy Developer
410-533-5367