I've amended the mailbox polling intervals (reduce on one, increased on the
other), along with increasing the number of sender threads, outgoing
message queue size (to 500), but it has had no impact.

We're still finding that one mailbox is sending several hundred emails at
each polling interval (set to 4 minutes), and the other is only sending 3
or 4 emails every minute.

I am wondering if there are any restrictions on the mailbox itself, but I
have never been involved in exchange or mail relay operations.

Regards

Dave