We are running into some serious performance issues with multitenancy.  We're
on BMC ITSM 9.1 SP1 and SQL Server 2012.  If I do a search on a form like
CTM:People with an account that has unrestricted access the search comes back
in about 2-3 seconds for 130000 records.  That same search with a user that is
restricted to a certain company will come back in 70 seconds, which is a
significant difference.  That is the first issue.  The second issue is that the
database server CPU utilization will spike to 100% during the searches.  During
the unrestricted user test not a big deal because it is only a couple seconds
and no one notices the spike.  However, for the other user it brings the system
to a halt for 70 seconds.  If the user kills their session prior to the search
complete the search will hang in the database and consume 100% of the CPU
indefinitely.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.  We have done all the BMC recommended
performance tuning on the systems.

Thanks,

Brian

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail and its attachments
contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is legally
privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or action in reliance upon the contents of
the information transmitted is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
information in error, please delete it immediately.