To answer your original question, I use Migrator for 99% of the objects I
move between environments.

Now I don't let it fly full-auto with the default config, that is just
reckless. I use Migrator along with the tracking form/process I detailed
here:  https://communities.bmc.com/message/555604#555604.

First I set all Migrator "Required Objects" to no. I also run migrator in
scripting mode. I then have a flow I usually flow where I run a difference
report of forms, add the forms to the script as appropriate (while
reviewing the differences), and migrate. Then I refresh the difference
report to make sure the results are what I expect. I then do the same thing
with Active Links. Then with Filter and keep repeating this process with
the different object types.

The 1% that is left is usually renaming objects (I like to fix spelling
issues and rename objects that may have been originally given vague or
misleading names), creating/updating DB views for View Forms that will be
migrated, deleting objects, etc.

Jason