* RRR|Log - Performance issues or elusive bugs? Analyze your Remedy logs
Find these products, and many free tools and utilities, at http://rrr.se
(http://rrr.se)
June 8, 2017 3:57 PM, "Grooms, Frederick W"  wrote:
        Believe me John, we all have seen these type of groups. Another way we
have had success in moving a stubborn group over to the web was to show that
the Mid-Tier was actually faster than the User tool. (We are running ARS
8.01.02 and MidTier 9.01.02.002 all on Linux)

        Fred

        From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG (mailto:mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG)] On Behalf Of
LJ LongWing
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2017 8:42 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG (mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG)
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Expanding Menus on open in Mid Tier

        **
        John,
        In this case I would impose the 'management' rule. Does the company
want to stay on a supported platform, on a supported version of that
platform?...if so, they need to move on from the long ago unsupported tool and
move forward into the future....horses were great at the time, but we moved on
as a world...yes, some people still use horses for transportation, but most of
the modernized world has moved onto something else. The current and supported
client for Remedy is Mid-Tier, and that's the client they need to use if your
company wants to be on a supported platform.....if on the other hands, like
many, your company doesn't care about that, then they can stay on the client
until the OS they run doesn't work with it and they can't install it....