From: ARSList [mailto:arslist-boun...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Fawver,
Dustin
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2018 1:30 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Google Chrome and Advanced Search error

Greetings!

I'm sending this out to see if anyone else has encountered this.  Part of
what I have to do involves long strings in the Advanced Search field.
Normally this is not a problem.  Recently I've encountered this error in
Google Chrome when trying to run a search with a string that's a little over
1k characters long.

Firefox and MS Edge have no issues with processing the string.  Before this
error occurs, there's an empty pop-up window that hangs there for about 5
seconds.  Right now I have a single AR and Mid-Tier server, so the load
balancing things that I saw when searching wouldn't apply.  Nothing's
changed on the server aside from Windows updates.  Fortunately this really
isn't affecting anyone else but me and of course there's an easy workaround.

Thanks!

Dustin Fawver

Sr. Help Desk Technician

Information Technology Services