Dinesh,
Remedy does a 'BEGIN' at the beginning of an API call and does a 'COMMIT'
at the end of an API call....you'll need to run some API/SQL logs on your
server to help identify what processes are causing the blocking to occur at
the DB level...

Now, that could easily describe why #1 is occurring....but for #2, the db
having blocking would not and should not cause the Remedy server to
disconnect.  That is being caused at the db level, possibly by killing a
job causing the blocking, but it's not being caused on the Remedy side...

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 12:48 PM, Dinesh Kumar <guru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi LJ,
>
> DB team is saying this is boz of "TX - row lock contention".
> "enq: TX - row lock contention" waits are generally related to the
> application code being executed and do not indicate a problem with the DB
> itself.
>
> The reason to this could be as the commit is still not issued , thus the
> lock is still not released. Causing other queries to wait for the lock.
>

> When they check the segments where most amount of waits are spent we could
> see that table T2457 takes about 95% of the time
>
> Thus all update queries running on table T2457 need to be checked by the
> application team
>
> TX lock is an application coding, design and usage problem and can ONLY be
> fixed by changing application code with more frequent and explicit COMMIT
> statements and any other minor code changes. DBA team cannot fix TX lock
> wait issues other than helping to identify the objects and commands causing
> the waits.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Dinesh kumar.
>

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 8:03 PM, LJ LongWing <lj.longw...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, for #1, you are issuing a query to the db that's not returning in
>> the 120 second timeout....for #2 you are getting disconnected from the
>> DB....both scenarios are pointing to a DB that is either overwhelmed, or
>> under performing...I would highly recommend working with your DBA to figure
>> out what's happening at the DB level first.
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 11:52 AM, Dinesh Kumar <guru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We are facing below issue in our environment which causes a higher
>>> impact and Business critical.
>>>

>>> SRM Fulfillment requests are not getting generated.
>>>

>>> The requests are getting struck in the *CAI Events* form in the Running
>>> status for all the events (SRM_OUT_RESTART_SR_SUBMIT, TMS_OUT_GET_DATA).
>>>
>>> We could see that PDT’s are also not getting connected to the Service
>>> Requests. (adding screenshot).
>>>

>>> We are getting time out errors in the plugin and ARERR logs for the
>>> certain requests.
>>>

>>> *Error-1:*
>>>

>>> 2018-02-14 09:12:55,772 ERROR [pool-2-thread-4]
>>> com.bmc.itsm.cai.filterapi.cai.worker.BaseEventWorker
>>> (BaseEventWorker.java:166) - CAI plugin failed to update error code of
>>> event:TMHAA5V0GJ3KKAPEER8HBGHK64BVRP. Failed with following exception.