if you are on a modern version (9.x I know for sure, maybe even 8.1.02, but
not 100% sure on that one) FTS is included with Remedy server...so, no
extra monetary cost....the cost you will bear is that of hard disk
space....depending on what all you have that's currently set to be indexed,
your fts collections directory can get quite large (several hundred gig in
large installations).  I have a tool that'll give you an output that tells
you everything that's currently set to be indexed (
http://remedylegacy.com/tools/fts-index/  ) and even provides a bulk option
to turn off any/all of those indexes....BMC has an article that contains
some sql scripts that you can run that'll guestimate how much space will be
taken by enabling fts ( https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-49700  )...so,
between the two you should be able to reasonably understand the impact of
enabling FTS on your server....other than the resources necessary to store
and maintain the indexes, the overall impact should be positive in your
situation.