  From: Easter, David
  Newsgroups: gmane.comp.crm.arsystem.general
  Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 8:31 AM
  Subject: Re: AR System Support on Itanium/HP-UX 11.11 v2 support

  **
  Here's the quick answer:

http://www.bmc.com/support/bmcremedycomp/AR_System_7_0_1_Compatibility-Matrix_v1_02.htm

  7.0.01 has been tested in some limited environments for use with HP-UX 11iv2
on an Itanium processor.  Please check the matrix to determine if your
configuration is listed.  AR System 7.0.01 was released October 10, 2006.  ITSM
supports those platforms supported by AR System unless otherwise noted in
documentation.

  Here's the slightly longer answer:

  What BMC tested was the AR System HP-UX 11iv2 PA-RISC code on HP-UX 11iv2
Itanium running through the ARIES translation engine provided by HP within
HP-UX.  (To emphasize, ARIES is an HP supplied capability, not BMC).  ARIES is
designed to allow PA-RISC code to run on an Itanium processor.  The limitation
is that some databases either did not work properly with the ARIES engine or
were not supported by the vendor.  Thus the databases supported in 7.0.01 are
limited to Informix and Sybase.

  When BMC releases a natively compiled Itanium code base, then this issue is
mitigated since ARIES is no longer required.  For those vendors who supply a
natively compiled Itanium product as well, there should be no conflict and the
combinations will be supported.  The timeframe for releasing a natively
compiled Itanium code base has not yet been solidified, but it would occur no
sooner than early Q3 2007.

  Hope that helps,

  -David J. Easter
  Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit

  BMC Software, Inc.