Julie,

There used to be a Start and Stop clock functionality in the earlier versions
of the ITSM Helpdesk apps.. I'm not quite sure if they have carried over that
functionality but you could use that if it is carried forward to 6.

This functionality gave the agent the ability to click on a start clock button
that started a clock, while he/she worked on the case, and hit the stop clock
button at the end, which would calculate the exact time between pressing start
clock and stop clock... If start clock was pressed again sometime later, it
would add up to the already calculated previous time... This functionality
however might not give you the ability to charge back your customer if more
than one agent worked on the case...

To handle that I might have gone with another form that would be tied to the
main ticketing form. This other form could have information of every individual
that worked on the case either simultanously or otherwise... The time of all
these individuals could be taken into account to decide on the cost of effort
put in by these individuals...

I would prefer going with the second method, as that would give you more
flexibility in terms of charging back your customer either in full or
individually for each task. Charging back individually would give you the
flexibility to charge back specific departments for specific tasks that may be
all related to the same ticket if your customer happens to be a company..

Hope this helps...

Joe D'Souza
Remedy Developer / Consultant,
BearingPoint,