From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Watson, Benjamin A.
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 1:08 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy version 7 in production

**

We've been playing around with the prefetch as well here with Mid-Tier 7.0.01.
We're setup with the IIS6/ServletExec combination.  So far, I've seen no
apparent usefullness to this utility.  I suspect it isn't working.  I would
suspect that the application server would get hit upon an IIS restart, but
nothing.

Consequently, the application forms cache on a form by form basis as they're
visited, and it is painfully slow on first view.  I've noticed that when
monitoring performance on each of our 3 servers (database, application, and
web), that the application server running ARSystem seems to feel the brunt of
the processing penalty when a form is pulled up via the MidTier for the first
time.  The web and database servers show very little impact.  I would expect a
little more activity on the Web server.

Ben

  _____