  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:57 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ITSM 7/LDAP not importing some records

**
Joe, and all, what I wanted to do was to create some basic permissions
for the 90+% of the LDAP people that were not Support people, and I
wanted to do it quickly.

Rather than spend half my day futzing with import scripts and such, what
I did was create a Filter that emulates the actions of the
CTM:PPG:Add_115_PPPG Active Link, which runs from the CTM:People
Permission Groups form when you click the "Add" button for to add a
permissions group for a user.

The Filter, unlike the AL, has a Set Fields action (check the
"Unrestricted Access" box), and three Push Fields actions, one for each
entry in the CTM:People Permission Groups form that it will create.
Initially, I will have it run for all existing users until the perms are
populated.  After initial population, I will have it only run on Submit,
just to reduce the time it takes to check for records that are already
there.

So thanks to all for the ideas and the help, but as is often the case,
the simplest solution is the best one for me.

Rick
  _____