And yes - I know it's the AREA LDAP for authentication - I just always
confuse the two :)

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Geoffrey Endresen
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:42 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Authenticating via Kerberos

** I'm interested in this one also. We have a requirement for Kerberos
also.

-Geoff Endresen
Amazon.com

On 5/16/07, William Rentfrow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        **
        I've never done this and I now have the need to do it - I seem
to remember reading it was possible but I do not have the information in
my archives.

        Anyway, here's the basic situation - I have a customer with:

        AR 7.x, Incident, Problem, and CMDB (and related apps) running
on Redhat.  The organization does NOT have Active Directory - they do
all authentication via Kerberos.

        So the two questions I have are..

        1.) Does the ARDBC plugin have the capability to authenticate to
Kerberos?
        2.) Does anyone have a white paper/overview/etc they'd be
willing to share?

        William Rentfrow
        Principal Consultant, StrataCom Inc.
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]