Hi Norm

OK, I understand what you mean by atomic then.  Does this imply that the
Company name field must be unique in ITSM7?

In ESS this is not the case and you can have several records for the same
company with different Division, Department, Address values, company codes
etc. So in ESS you have the data structure to store these records
'atomic-ally', but still set permissions at any level in the organization.

I'm surprised if you're saying this is not the case in ITSM7, but there
again, I've been surprised by BMC design before...

David Sanders
Remedy Solution Architect
Enterprise Service Suite @ Work
ARS List Award Winner 2005