-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony Worthington
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:24 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Providing Read/Write Access Without Buying Licenses? I
Doubt It

That's what Helpdesk 4 used to do.  I just verified that ITSM7 Incident
Mgmt does not change the submitter.  It's who submitted, not the
customer.
 (shocker)

-tony

--
Tony Worthington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Scott Parrish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
07/18/2007 03:04 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Providing Read/Write Access Without Buying Licenses? I Doubt It

Mike,
As you know, locking the submitter modes mean the submitter field cannot

be
changed after it has been populated. But that doesn't mean that the
submitter field can't be initially populated with the value you want it
have. For instance, if a customer calls your help desk and your customer
service agent submits the ticket, that doesn't mean that the initial
value
of the submitter field can't be the ID of the person calling in, not the
person actually submitting the ticket. In this way, the person calling
in
can still work the ticket on his own.

I would bet this other organization plans to "fix" this problem by
changing
the workflow where the submitter value is originally set to $USER$ to
some
other value.

Scott Parrish
IT Prophets, LLC