-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kaiser Norm E CIV USAF 96
CS/SCCE
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 12:36 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Database restore from Production server to Newly built Test
Server

Simple.  The only complication is that you'll need to momentarily stop
the MS SQL service on the production server for a few minutes (which,
consequently, will cause Remedy to stop as well).

Once the service is stopped, go to the Data folder inside the MSSQL
folder.  Copy the ARSystem MDF and LDF files onto some portable media.
If they're big files, you might have to burn them to CD.

Go to the test server and open Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager, detach
the Remedy database.  Rename the ARSystem.mdf and ARSystem.ldf files
something else.

Put the CD in the test server and copy the files from the CD to the same
exact location on the test server.

>From Enterprise Manager, attach the database.  Restart the services.

You should be working now.

Norm