Listers,

I implore your help once again!!!

We just setup Mid Tier, so please forgive what may be a silly question.

Once of the things that we found (but can't explain), is that it seems that
the $NULL$ keyword works differently.

For instance, while running a search with the NULL keyword in a particular
field (specifically, "!=$NULL$"), there were 0 results returned.

When we did the same in the User Client, or used the Advanced Search (for
both User & Mid Tier), then we received 277 results.

After investigating the logs, we found that by using the Fields on Mid Tier,
the SQL did:
"   Table.Field != ''   "

Using the same logs, and running the search by Advanced Search or the User
client, we found that the SQL did:

"   Table.Field IS NOT NULL   "

Is there a reason for this that anyone is aware of? Is there a way to make
it "behave" itself (sorry, bad pun)?

HUGE thx in advance!!!!
Shawn Stonequist
EMNS Inc.