Make the character field as a multi-line field.. that might work.

Joe D'Souza

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mark Latta
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 5:54 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Write a Field Value to File

Norm,
Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it, but I ran into a slight problem.
Only one line in the character field was written to file.  Everything
past the first carriage return was lost.  Any suggestions to write it
all at once without parsing the character field at the carriage returns
and appending to the file?

- mark