Something else to try is using OLE Automation:

Use the FileSystemObject
Select object IFileSystem3 Object
Select method ITextStream* CreateTextFile
Add Method (enter parameter for file name)
Select object ITextStream Object
Select method void Write
Add Method (enter parameter of text)
Save active link