Hi All,

Env:

HPUX 11-11
ARSystem 7.0.1 Patch 3 and 5 tested
Approval/Assignemen 7.0.1 Patch 3 and 5 tested
CMDB 2.0.1 Patch 3 and 4 tested
Local Oracle 9i (via 10g 32 client libs)

I could write an essay on this issue,  but rather than do it, I'm
hoping someone else has had the same or similar issue - a workaround/
solution would be nice.

We are struggling to get CMDB patch 3 or 4 installed against 7.0.1
patch 3 (or 5) on a HPUX 11.11 OS. During the installation of CMDB
patch 3 or 4 (against AR 7.0.1 patch 3 or 5) we hit the following
issue:

When the server is restarted (by the installer mid-way through), the
arserverd terminates after having loaded some if not all of it's data
dictionary to memory from the backend database.

"Mon Nov  5 11:56:24 2007  390600 : AR System server terminated when a
signal/exc
eption was received by the server (ARNOTE 20)
Mon Nov  5 11:56:24 2007     10
   Timestamp: Mon Nov 05 2007 11:56:24.0527
   Thread Id: 5
   Version: 7.0.01 Patch 005 200710010826 Oct  1 2007 09:00:46
   ServerName: blhremdr
   Database: SQL -- Oracle
   Hardware: 9000/800
   OS: HP-UX B.11.11
   RPC Id: 0
   RPC Call: 0
   RPC Queue: 390600
   Protocol Version: 12
   Client IP Address:
   Logging On:"

 It would appear that the following line in the ar.conf file is what's
causes it to crash:

Load-Shared-Library: libcmdbsvr20.sl

If we uncomment it, the arsystem was start OK (but the CMDB install is
mid-cycle and I need it to install). It gets caught in a loop
otherwise, as armonitor tries to unsuccessfully re-start it. This is
happening in our UAT environment. DEV went OK. The environment
variables/OS settings between DEV/UAT are as close to one-another as
possible.

Anyone had a similar experience?

TIA,
Kevin