Hi Tom,

Does this work if you login to the server and execute the command from a
shell using the same user that the ARSystem was installed as?

Have you checked the permissions on the file?

Have you checked the hash-bang at the first line of the script so that it
points to the perl executable?

Have you tried to call perl instead of the script?
$PROCESS$ @@:/x/y/perl /x/y/alert.pl

To quickly test various ways of calling the script, you can create a
display-only-form with a command- and result-character field, and then
have an active link that performs $PROCESS$ @@:$command$

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia:
* RRR|Translator - Manage and automate your language translations.