-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Albert Bihler
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:14 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Check within workflow for users licence type / state

Hi list,

is there a way to check using workflow whether the user that
is running the workflow has currently a read, read (floting) or
write (floating) license?

Whenever a user leaves our main form we write some field
values to a user preferences form (on window close). This
works fine as long as the user has got a proper license. However
if the user only has a read token it fails with ARERR [8932]
"You do not have write license"

Possible solutions that are coming to my mind are:
- Do a direct sql instead of a push-field action. This is not nice
  because we are talking of about 50 fields and I think this could
  violate the license agreement.
- Push values to a new form and create always a new record there
  Then let an escalation push the values to the users properties
  form. Not nice because a lot of workflow and there is a time delay
  because of the escalation.
- check for the users license and only save the fields when he has
  a write token. Not nice either.

Any suggestions?

ARS 7.0.1
Solaris 10
Oracle 10gR2

Kind regards,
Albert

_______

DISCLAIMER Important! This message is intended for the above named person(s)
only and is CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY. If you are not the intended recipient
of this e-mail and have received it in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return email and then delete it from your mailbox. This message may
be protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or work product doctrine.
Accessing, copying, disseminating or re-using any of the information contained
in this e-mail by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. Finally, you should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses, as the sender accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.  Thank you.