-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Albert Bihler
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:14 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Check within workflow for users licence type / state

Hi list,

is there a way to check using workflow whether the user that
is running the workflow has currently a read, read (floting) or
write (floating) license?

Whenever a user leaves our main form we write some field
values to a user preferences form (on window close). This
works fine as long as the user has got a proper license. However
if the user only has a read token it fails with ARERR [8932]
"You do not have write license"

Possible solutions that are coming to my mind are:
- Do a direct sql instead of a push-field action. This is not nice
  because we are talking of about 50 fields and I think this could
  violate the license agreement.
- Push values to a new form and create always a new record there
  Then let an escalation push the values to the users properties
  form. Not nice because a lot of workflow and there is a time delay
  because of the escalation.
- check for the users license and only save the fields when he has
  a write token. Not nice either.

Any suggestions?

ARS 7.0.1
Solaris 10