Mary:

1.  Is the user logging in using a Preference Server?  We've had some cases
where doing that causes the users to see some strange things.

2.  What version of the Remedy User Tool is she using?  We've had cases where
someone has an outdated version of the client and that has caused them to see
some odd things.

In both of these cases, the problems were machine-specific, so logging in on
your machine with an account that is set up identically to your user's won't
allow you to see her problem.

3.  Is there any way you can either go to her desktop or work with one of your
IT folks to make a remote connection to her machine so you can see what she's
seeing?  Alternately, could you have her send you a screenshot of the
error/problem? (Alt + Print Screen on most keyboards with the error/problem as
the active window;  Ctrl-Print Screen will get you all the windows on the
screen.)

That being said, there have been a few cases where one of our developers or
admins has had to "hijack" my account in order to see a problem I've had (I
test our ARS/ESS system, and so work closely with them).  Essentially, they
just temporarily change the password on my account, log in, then because we use
our Kerberos passwords to log in to our system, just reset my account to use
the Kerberos password).  If you go that route, I'd just ask that you let your
user know first.  One of our old developers would occasionally just "hijack" my
account without warning me, and while I didn't mind him logging in as me in
order to see the problem I was having, I really hated it when he didn't
ask/warn me first.

Good luck with your problem!

Natalie Stroud
Production Tools/ESS Team
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC),
  contractor to Sandia National Labs
Albuquerque, NM
(505)844-7983