Just out of curiousity, are there any error messages in your logs that
might narrow down what might be happening? :-)

I am not sure if this will help or not, but I just did some digging around
in the tomcat docs, and it seems that there is a different syntax for the
connector that can be used.

The alternative syntax - from the documentation - looks like this:

acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
SSLEngine="on"
SSLCertificateFile="${catalina.base}/conf/localhost.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile="${catalina.base}/conf/localhost.key" />

Most of the attributes for the connector are the same. There are some
notable additions, however. The port has changed, and there are now
SSLEngine, SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile properties.

--
Will Du Chene