My advice would be, don't force your customers to choose between
Critical or Urgent, High, Medium, and Low; they will choose the top two
every time.  Years ago (1998) we came up with an Urgency scale that we
still use today with only minor modifications (original/current at
http://arsweb3.acs.unt.edu/helpdesk/urgency.htm), and are again
implementing in Kinetic Request where appropriate since it is familiar
to both our IT staff and our faculty/staff/students who have used our
system in the past. The Urgency scale contains items that people can
recognize and select as being their actual situation, or that of the
customer they are entering a ticket for, and they are then mapped to the
four default Urgency ratings.  I have not inserted it into ITSM 7 yet
since that is a fairly hostile environment for customizations, but if I
do it will be a custom field with workflow to set Impact and Urgency per
the new mappings at http://itsm.unt.edu/helpdesk/urgency.htm .  For now
I am keeping it in Kinetic where customization is the rule, not the
exception.

Given a realistic choice of severity levels to choose from, most users
will pick the one that actually applies.  Given the less tangible list
of Critical or Urgent, High, Medium, and Low, they will simply guess,
and guess high.  If you want rational business impact assessments from
your customers, give them realistic choices that portray the actual
severity levels of IT problems in your environment.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/