Greg,

A strategy you could use is to give a choice of priority (Normal and High)
-- however "High priority" has a service upcharge of $100.

The idea is to give people a choice - but to understand the "cost" of a
choice.

This would be fairly trivial in Kinetic Request.
http://www.kineticdata.com/request.html

-John

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 5:54 AM, Hale, Greg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looking for real world experience/lessons learned for leveraging Self
> Service in a medium to large organization.  We are most interested in
> the
> process for Incident and Request submission by Business Users.  For
> example, are most allowing the business to drive the Urgency and Support
>
> drive the Impact, or does the business have no input on Urgency and
> Support
> drives Impact, neither the business user/support sets Urgency/Impact,
> etc.
>
> We are currently struggling with this as there are concerns that
> allowing
> the business to drive the urgency will result in nothing but Urgent
> tickets/requests.  How are others working through this issue?  We are
> trying to follow the ITIL Framework of letting the Urgency and Impact
> drive
> the Priority, but there seems to be some true resistance to this.
>
> Any experience, insight, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg
>
> ARS 6.3 Patch 20
> Mid-Tier 6.3 Patch 23