Works like a charm!
I like the idea of checking the $SERVER$ variable too ... awesome.

thanks!

-Andrew

On Apr 1, 2008, at 11:29 AM, LJ Longwing wrote:

This does actually work if you export to XML instead of DEF format, that's how we do it, the alternative that I'm planning on implementing here is to have a copy of each filter that fires on each environment, so if you have 1 filter, and 3 env's, you would have 3 filters, each with a run-if statement something like $SERVER$ = 'env1.longname', that way each filter would exist on all environments, but only the one for that environment would fire, and you wouldn't need to export/import when you get to your new server to get a
filter functioning.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew Hicox
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 10:20 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: How to change host for SOAP set-field action?

Hello everyone:

I have a rather large collection of filters that call various SOAP
webservices as set fields actions.

In our dev environment, the SOAP services run on, say:
devmachine.domain.com
In our test environment, they're on testmachine.domain.com In our production
environment, prodmachine.domain.com

When the time comes to move our filters from one environment to another, we have a problem. If we use migrator, or if we just use import/export, the problem is the same: the filters still try to call webservices on the same
host once they are ported into the new environment.

The only solution appears to be to open each filter individually, reload a WSDL which specifies the new hostname, and remap each of the inputs and
outputs. This process is time consuming, and highly prone to error.

Does anyone know a method to make this change en masse?

I had thought to try to export all of the filters with SOAP calls, then
search/replace the hostname string. THIS WILL NOT WORK.

thanks in advance everyone,

-Andrew