Chris - thanks for the plug.

But yes - the Kinetic Request product is an excellent solution/strategy to
allow access to the Remedy system for "end-users".

I think the crux of the problem is -- you want a front end that is easy to
make requests. You also want the fulfillers of requests to be able to
directly fulfill a request and not circle back for clarification or for more
data. In order to have the fulfiller be able to directly fulfill - you need
to ask specific questions to the "end-user" and guide them through a
specific form process to gather the correct data. However, in the Remedy
world - that translates to a "custom form" -- which in the long run is a bad
strategy.

If you build a custom Remedy form for every Request type that comes in --
you are opening yourself to a long-term maintainance problem. In addition -
if you do custom forms - that means you are doing Remedy development and
that requires a significant skill level to do so. It also means - you are
exposing risk to your Remedy system to potential headaches - as the Admin
tool basically is an all or nothing tool.

If you don't build a custom Remedy form for every Request type - you now are
doing a "generic approach" which goes in to a generic CTI with generic
priority etc.... Which then needs to be viewed - and put into the correct
CTI. Which then that person (the fulfiller) needs to fire off an email to
the requester to get more data/etc... (AKA time/money/frustration)

Of course - you could do what the Requester Console does - and provide a
"quick list" of 10 common items -- but a valuable list would be 200 items --
but nobody will traverse a list of 200 items - therefore you do 10 items
(and miss the opportunity for a nice end user process). Also - you come up
with descriptions like "Order <NUMBER OF CARDS> business cards (Note: put in
a number for the <NUMBER OF CARDS> field in the description." To which the
requester submits "Order <lots> of business cards" ------ ugggggggggg

Enter Kinetic Request - we allow you to configure forms and processes within
the Remedy system - and not create real Remedy forms, filters or active
links. We do it in a risk free/scalable way that does not require the Remedy
Admin tool to do so.

If you would like a demo - feel free to contact me.

--
John David Sundberg
235 East 6th Street, Suite 400B

-John