1. Open Form
2. Add Field
3. Save (message: unable to save)
4. Save (it seemed to save OK)
5. Close Window
6. Open Form (the field was missing)
7. Close Form
8. Open Form (the field appears)

I did this with Development-Cache-Mode turned Off. The other experience
was with Development-Cache-Mode turned On. I do not think that it has
anything to do with Development-Cache-Mode.

I think I have now found the problem though.

I logged the creation of a new form through Right-Click->NewForm:
1. The schema is created using ARCreateSchema() through the Admin-thread.
2. The call is followed by an ARGetSchema() that is executed in the
List-thread!!!

The List-thread is not yet aware of the Admin-thread...

I set the environment variable ARRPC to 390600 (the Admin thread) and
started aradmin.exe. This workaround seems to have removed all of my
problems, except that the message "Roles permissions have been
removed...". This does not seem to matter, as the role permissions are
retained.

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia:
* RRR|Translator - Manage and automate your language translations.