-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 11:24 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Can you export to a csv file from Mid Tier?

Brian,

You can do it... it is just not obvious....

You need to supply the "Target" string (in the WindowOpen action) like
this...

to-file:<space>

No "<space>" is not in the string, but you need a white space character
there for it to work right.

If you also want to specify the actual file name then the target would
be:

to-file: some.csv

If the file name presented is a *.csv then the report will output to
csv.
If it is *.xml.. then xml
If it is anything else... then I think you get report (rpt) format.

( I forget where or when I learned this... but I remember it being a
very obscure (and accurate) source.)

HTH.
--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Sokol, Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> **
>
> Jason,
>
> One last question. I am trying to setup a simple means for a manager
> to run an export of a query in Remedy. I can now run a query, select
> Report, select the report, change the output to export etc. Too
> complicated for this person. I created an AL to run a report. Problem
> is if you select Destination as File there is no where to have Remedy
> export the data as a CSV. It always selects RPT and there is no way to

> over ride it from the Mid Tier that I can see. In the user tool you
> can change the file type to CSV before saving and it works. Do you
> know any way to force this on the Mid Tier?
>
> Brian

<snip>