  _____

        From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kathy Morris
        Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 1:40 PM
        To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
        Subject: Reporting in ITSM 7.0.1

        **

        Hello All,

        To run reports in ITSM 7.0.1, our users open the "Report
Console" - however when executing a report thru the Report Console for
the first time the user received an error.  To fix the error, I have
been going into the Administrative Console of Windows, adding the User
DSN by configuring the user's login name and password - is there better
or easier way to fix this?  After this person has been set up with the
ODBC connection, they never need to configure this again and it works
fine from this point on.   However, we have between 500-700 users and
there must be a better way than each person having to login via the ODBC
connection and configure a User DSN.  I thought of the System DSN was
configured - then people should be able to login automatically - or is
this resolved by adding "Reporting Admin" permission?

  _____

        Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos
<http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851> .
        __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the
Answers Are" html___