Is the user that is trying to use the report console and the user under whom
the AR User tool was installed the same?

--- J.T. Shyman

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kathy Morris
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 2:40 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Reporting in ITSM 7.0.1

Hello All,

To run reports in ITSM 7.0.1, our users open the "Report Console" - however
when executing a report thru the Report Console for the first time the user
received an error.  To fix the error, I have been going into the
Administrative Console of Windows, adding the User DSN by configuring the
user's login name and password - is there better or easier way to fix this?
After this person has been set up with the ODBC connection, they never need
to configure this again and it works fine from this point on.   However, we
have between 500-700 users and there must be a better way than each person
having to login via the ODBC connection and configure a User DSN.  I thought
of the System DSN was configured - then people should be able to login
automatically - or is this resolved by adding "Reporting Admin" permission?

  _____

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at
AOL Autos <http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851> .

html___