This is a difference between Unix/BSD/Linux and Windows/cpm.  It
applies to most, if not all, plain text files transported between the
two platforms.  An alternative is to use a binary format for the arm
file, which has it's own set of consequences.  You can correct this
easily on the unix host using tr, vi, sed, etc.:

cat infile | sed -e 's/^M$//g' > outfile

^M is entered using CTRL-V CTRL-M

Axton Grams