*Hi Kevin,*

If you consume an AR System web service, BMC Remedy Administrator creates the SOAP Header element, and it also automatically maps the user name and password to the current user name and password. It does so by setting the |arUserId=true| and| arPassword=true| attributes.

To pass the current user name and password to an external web service, you can set these attributes yourself. If you do not want to send the current user name and password to an AR System web service, set these attributes to false.

Hope this helps...

*Regards,
Sandeep
Vyom Labs Pvt. Ltd.
An ISO 20000 certified company.
Consulting | Outsourcing | Training || BMC Remedy BSM | ITIL
Web : www.vyomlabs.com
  *

Kevin Murray wrote:
Hi ,

Server Env: AR 7.0.1 Patch 5, Sun Solaris 9, Oracle 10g Release
Web Env: Midtier 7.0.1 Patch 5, IIS 6.0, Tomcat 4.0.x

In our corporate environment, our Proxy Server prompts for username/
password. When I try to consume a web service from within Remdy, a
'Proxy Authentication Required' error is generated....full log extract
below....Is there a way to pass Proxy credentials through a Web
Service or ar.conf setting in Remedy/Axis Client - Has anyone come
across this issue, and got around it somehow?

I've added entries to the admin tool/ar.conf to put Remedy to the
proxy server, but can't see how to pass username/password. e.g.

ARF-Java-VM-Options: -Dhttp.proxySet=true -Dhttp.proxyHost=<proxy host/
ip address> -Dhttp.proxyPort=<proxy port>

Any information appreciated. I suppose a workaround maybe to put the
Midtier in the DMZ but this probably isn't a runner due to corporate
constraints.

TIA,
Kevin

Full Error Extract Below:

$ AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: (407)Proxy Authentication Required
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {}:return code:  407
&lt;HTML&gt;&lt;HEAD&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD&gt;
&lt;FONT face=&quot;Helvetica&quot;&gt;
&lt;big&gt;Access Denied (authentication_failed)&lt;/big&gt;
&lt;BR&gt;
&lt;BR&gt;
&lt;/FONT&gt;
&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD&gt;
&lt;FONT face=&quot;Helvetica&quot;&gt;
Your credentials could not be authenticated: &quot;General
authentication failure due to bad user ID or authentication
token.&quot;. You will not be permitted access until your credentials
can be verified.
&lt;/FONT&gt;
&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD&gt;
&lt;FONT face=&quot;Helvetica&quot;&gt;
This is typically caused by an incorrect username and/or password, but
could also be caused by network problems.
&lt;/FONT&gt;
&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt;
&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD&gt;
&lt;FONT face=&quot;Helvetica&quot; SIZE=2&gt;
&lt;BR&gt;
For assistance, contact your network support team.
&lt;/FONT&gt;
&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt;
&lt;/TABLE&gt;
&lt;/blockquote&gt;
&lt;/FONT&gt;
&lt;/BODY&gt;&lt;/HTML&gt;

        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:407

(407)Proxy Authentication Required
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:
732)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:143)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:
32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:
118)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:
165)
        at WebServiceSoapClient.call(WebServiceSoapClient.java:249)
(407)Proxy Authentication Required
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: (407)Proxy Authentication Required
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {}:return code:  407
&lt;HTML&gt;&lt;HEAD&gt;
&lt;TITLE&gt;Access Denied&lt;/TITLE&gt;
&lt;/HEAD&gt;
&lt;BODY&gt;
&lt;FONT face=&quot;Helvetica&quot;&gt;
&lt;big&gt;&lt;strong&gt;&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/big&gt;&lt;BR&gt;
&lt;/FONT&gt;
&lt;blockquote&gt;
&lt;TABLE border=0 cellPadding=1 width=&quot;80%&quot;&gt;